These are amazing cookies that are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free and you will certainly not miss any of these element as they are full of flavour and goodness.
You will need:
1/4 cup coconut oil (softened)
1/2 cup creamy almond butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of ground almonds
1/2 cup gluten free oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 dried blueberries but if you cant find these then fresh blueberries. I find dried blueberries make a nicer cookie and have stronger taste as fresh ones tend to burst.
crushed almonds to decorate
- Get a large mixing bowl and cream together the coconut oil, almond butter and coconut sugar.
- Then add the egg vanilla extract and mix together
- Next add the almond flour, rolled oats, baking soda, salt and mixed until just combined and fold in the blueberries making sure they are combined and cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour. If you are wanting to make this in advance for any reason you can and the mixture can be places in the fridge for longer it is so the coconut oil can solidify up before placing in the oven so that the cookies keep there shape when cooking.
- When you are ready to cook 20 minutes before, Preheat the oven to 150′ fan assisted oven and 170′ non fan
- When you are ready to cook and the mixture has chilled for an hour, take the mixture out which will now be quite hard. If you a small cookie scoop this is ideal or if not take two teaspoon and form balls, and place then on a baking sheet. Leave 2″ apart to allow then to grow and form balls keeping the cookie dough tightly together and pat them down slightly to form a cookie shape.
- When you have them laid out on sheets bake them for 10 minutes or until golden brown, remove them from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing carefully to fully cool on a cooling rack. If you allow to cool on the tray they may stick or if you allow to move to quick they do crumble so take care.
- Store in an airtight container when cool for about 1 week if they last that long!