There is nothing like shortbread, and it is something that i know i missed. Shop bought cake to me just didn’t hit the mark, however this stuff needs to come with a health warning and you cant just have one piece!! I have been known to polish off the lot in a few days – but there is hope… a top tip.. and i suggest you do this!! I does freeze well so freeze this in between parchment paper and then take out what you want. Phew ive just saved you a few dress sized lol
GLUTEN FREE SHORTBREAD
- 8 oz Butter
- 4 oz Caster Sugar
- 4 oz Cornflour
- 8 oz Plain Gluten Free Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 140′ fan, 160 non fan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until its white and fluffy.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a separate bowl and gradually add to the creamed mixture and knead until smooth.
- Take a baking tin which is 12″ x 8″ and smooth into the tin and smooth the top. Mark into fingers and prick with a fork.
- Place in a middle shelf for 30 minutes – 40 minutes until it has a light slight golden colour to it.
- Remove from oven and dredge with caster sugar whilst still hot. Run your knife back along your markings of the fingers you cut carefully with a sharp knife and leave to cool in tin, which will allow this to firm up.
- Once the shortbread is totally cool, take a small palette knife and ease the shortbread out. Store any shortbread in a airtight container with some kitchen paper. Or you can freeze this in a Tupperware container with parchment paper between.