Who doesn’t love a cupcake! When you go out to a coffee shop or for coffee and cake, the chances of getting a lovely cupcake that’s gluten free is a rarity! so if you feel your missing out or want to give a friend or loved one a treat, birthday present or a gift to make them feel loved or special this will nail it!
Of course you could put what ever you want to on top, but this is a great combo. Check your choice its gluten free obviously, to the best of my knowledge, a crunchie is gluten free and a curly wurly is too (although this doesn’t say it on the packet?! (shame)
This will make approx 12 cakes
So you will need:
175g Softened Butter
175g Self Raising Gluten Free Flour
175g Caster Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
280g Icing Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Curly Wurlys
- Preheat the oven to 200′ (non fan) or 180′ (fan)
- Put all the cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer and mix together until pale for one minute. Or mix together in a food processor.
- Put three heaped spoons into each large muffin cases and place in the centre of the oven for approx 12 minuted until lightly olden brown.
- Remove onto a cooling rack and allow to totally cool.
- Place the icing ingredients into a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. You may need to add one 1tsp of cold water at a time to find the right consistency but do not make this too loose as you want it hold its shape when you pipe it.
- When the cake are thoroughly cold, ideally pipe the icing ontop of the cake with a piping bag and nozzle for a nice neat finish but if you do not have this you could use the back of a spoon to neatly smooth some ontop of the cake or a palete knife.
- Break up a crunchie and cut up and curly wurly and arrange over the top of the cupcakes.
- Store any uneaten cakes in an airtight container in a cool place for a few days.