I was so inspired by Paul Hollywoods Naan Breads on the GBBO, i decided i would make my own gluten and dairy free version.
You will need:
450g Plain Flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
200ml Whole Milk
100ml Natural Yogurt
1tbsp Caster Sugar
1. measure the flour into a bowl, with the salt and the baking powder and mix round until combined.
2. In a jug, whisk together the egg, milk and yogurt and sugar.
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour the liquid mixture slowly to combine with the flour mixture bringing it into the centre slowly to make it a slightly sticky mixture when it has combined. Move it onto a clean counter top with some flour and work it for 5 minutes and kneed it until smooth.
Place it in a clean oiled bowl and cover with cling film for 30 minutes to rest.
4. Preheat a metal baking tray under the grill for 5 minutes so its very hot.
5. Remove the dough from the bowl and cut it until 8 equal pieces on a floured surface. Roll out each piece on a floured surface into teardrop shape about 3mm thick.
6. Lift the dough from the surface and place on the hot baking tray and place under the grill and watch it puff up and when it is browned turn over and repeat and remove onto a board and repeat with the rest of the naans. Brush while hot with melted ghee and crushed garlic and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
I have the gluten and or dairy free version also on my site, so please refer to this!