A Frittata is a great dish to cook in a hurry or use up all your left overs in the fridge. There is so many options here that you could do and make vegetarian one like this one or add meat or if you need something in a hurry just leave out the potato.
I would suggest using a pan that you can put in the oven if you can with a metal handle or oven proof handle)
for 4 people: (Use this as a guide and add what you have or have a taste for)
1 onions sliced thinly or chopped
1 carrot peeled and chopped smallish
1 stick of celery chopped fairly small
4 potatoes peeled and sliced thinly
Brocolli heads or spinach works well.
1 garlic clove
2 handfuls of mature cheddar grated (or dairy free cheese)
5 eggs and 250ml of milk (or milk alternative) whisked together with a pinch of salt and generous grind of pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180′ fan (200′ non fan)
- Take your slices of potato and put in a microwaveable dish and add a pinch of salt with a couple of tablespoons of water and place in a microwave to soften for about 5 minutes, ideally they should be cooked and soft with a little bit of bite so they hold together.
- Saute the onion, carrot and celery in your chosen frying pan with a little olive oil, ideally than can go in the oven and that has deep sides. You can add broccoli heads if using too. Add a chopped garlic clove, ideally we are not looking for colour we just want them cooked and soft. Add the potatoes they should ideally be soft.
- Crack your eggs into a jug and add the milk and whisk together with some salt and pepper.
- Once these are softened you can add things like spinach or things that dont need to much cooking. Stir the veg together and then pat it down to create a nice shape.
- Turn down the heat on the hob and pour over the egg mixture around the pan so it covers all the areas. Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the top. Leave it to cook for about 1 minute and then transfer to the oven. Cook in a middle shelf for about 10 minutes.
- When you remove from the oven you should see a nice golden brown top and hopefully it was the right size pan to give a puffy top. You will work out how many eggs/veg etc you will need for your size pan as this is a guide. This is lovely served immediately or can serve cold with salad etc.