We should all eat more fish and im not the best at this and im really trying to do better! I love thai food so i thought i would combine the two and was so happy with this dish and would be happy to eat this time and time again. This is very easy and quick to prepare but delivers big on taste and is very fresh! it is also something you could serve as a dinner party as it tastes as though you have slaved over it due to the complex flavours. You could just choose to serve it with something more refined to make it more of a dinner party dish.
I have chosen to serve it very simply here with some stir-fried pak choi and bean sprouts coked with some fresh ginger and garlic and served with a little sesame oil, along with some vegetable and bean rice.
THAI SALMON WITH CRUNCHY TOP (GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE)
- 1 a thumb size piece of ginger peeled and roug1hly chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 red chilli seeds removed or more or less depending on how hot you like it
- 1 handful of fresh coriander chopped
- 3 shallots peeled a roughly chopped
- 1 rind of a lemon unwaxed if possible
- 1 small pinch of salt
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 salmon fillets
- 4 gluten free oat cakes or similar gluten free crackers placed in bag and crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180’c (fan) or 200’c (non fan)
- So peel and chop the ginger into chunks and place into a pestle and mortar (or can make a paste in a small blender or nurti bullet) place in the garlic clove, chilli (to taste), shallots, lemon zest, coriander and salt and work this into a paste. Once this is broken down add some lemon juice.
- Place the salmon in an oven dish and place the Thai mixture on top of the salmon.
- Take your gluten free crackers and bash them until fine and sprinkle them on top of the mixture.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy on top.If you wanted to serve your salmon with some stir fry vegetables, prepare and cook this now.
- This goes really well with my spring greens with garlic and white beans recipe – see my vegan section.
Here are some items that i think are really helpful and that i would really rate. These glassware oven dishes are brilliant and very easy to clean and long lasting!