This is a fabulous side dish that’s bursting with flavour and goodness. Spring greens are a fabulous and they are in abundance in veggie boxes and markets but you don’t see them sadly so much in supermarkets, which is such a shame. I think they are so tasty.
SPRING GREENS WITH GARLIC AND WHITE BEANS
- 3 bunches spring greens washed and roughly chipped about 1-2 inch lengths.
- 10 shallots peeled and chopped into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic or 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1/2 can cannelloni beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- In a non stick saute pan add the sunflower oil and add the shallots to soften.
- When soft, add the garlic or garlic powder and add the beans and stir through followed by the chopped greens. Stir though until wilted, add salt and pepper to taste and then turn off the heat and serve.
Here is a few suggestions you might find helpful. I love these oven ware dishes and use these a lot. Having a handy lid is brilliant for when you have made things in advance or for keeping left overs. They are brilliant to clean to and dishwasher safe.
I also have Anolon pans and i can really rate these! I have had some of my pans for over 20 years and considering i use then a lot!! (like every day, this is hard core use!) They are great at keeping things warm at the table too, as well as looking stylish) The metal handles on the frying pans means they can go in the oven which is great for steaks meat dishes, fish, grilling, as well as omelettes etc.
I recently bought a saute pan from Eaziglide, i was recommend this whilst i was on a shopping trip, i was looking at Le Creuset and this was a comparison but cheaper. I am so impressed with this pan, i had to give it a shout out!! Amazing non stick, you can use metal implements with this and can go in the oven and put this in the dishwasher too. I will be buying more, these pans are incredible!!