This is a very easy dish and lovely to be served on its own or to be served with other dishes like meat or fish or vegetable dishes or as an item in a buffet. I sometimes like making this for lunch or dinner and then having left overs the next day cold, it will be great in lunchboxes. you can made this your own too by adding fresh herbs or spices or even chilli depending on how you feel that day. Perhaps even adding some Parmesan cheese or feta or chilli sauce on top can completely change this dish.
ROASTED VEGETABLE WITH QUINOA
- 2 oil, olive oil or rapeseed oil or your chosen oil
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped or crushed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 peppers chopped into small chunks
- 2 courgettes chopped into small chunks
- 1 aubergine chopped into small chunks
- 1 leek chopped into larger chunks
- 1 sweetpotatos peeled and chopped into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180’c fan assisted oven or 200′ non fan.
- Take the vegetables and prepare them and chop them into small chunks and place them on a pyrex baking tray or similar and sprinkle the garlic and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the oil and rub the oil over the vegetables. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Pace one cup of quinoa into a oven proof dish and add 2 cups of vegetable stock. (Ensure this stock is gluten free if making for gluten free) You could if you wish to add other flavours like chilli, lemon or pesto (ensure this vegan if making dairy free or vegan) or other vegetables if you would like too such as frozen peas, broccoli etc. Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the quiona and this should be cooked, fluff with a fork. Remove the vegetables, Place the quinoa into a large bowl or serving platter and add your vegetables and mix together or place on top and you are ready to serve. If you would like to add other flavours feel free to experiment.Enjoy.
Here are some items that you might find helpful. I just love these pyrex glass roasting trays. These can be used for so many things, and i use them for practically anything that i would put on a baking tray. They cook things beautifully and clean so much better than any baking tray and have a much longer shelf life!! I think they are just brilliant and clean beautifully in the dishwasher too….