This has to be my favourite ever dessert, and my boyfriend wowed my with this and adapted this to be gluten free for me, he is now my husband so this must of impressed me, as i am a real foodie.
So this is a really nice dessert as you can make this is advance (you need to chill this a good 4-5 hours in advance so its lovely to have a dessert ready and done in the fridge if your entertaining. I have made this gluten free however this is lovely with normal biscuits and especially ginger nut biscuits too.
So you will need:
8″ loose bottom flan dish if possible but if not a flan dish you will be serving in.
2 oz butter
4 oz gluten free ginger biscuits or digestive biscuits
The rind and juice of 2 large lemons
1 small tin of condensed milk
1/4 pint of double cream
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or gently in the microwave
- Place the biscuits in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin until fine
- Mix the butter and the biscuits together and push them into the base of the tin
- Take the rind of the lemon and place in a medium size bowl, with the condensed milk and double cream and whisk together. Slowly whisk in the lemon juice and you will feel the mixture start to thicken up.
- Pour this mixture ontop of the flan base and leave to chill in the fridge until form (should be 4-5 hours)