This is a great quick meal and i love to eat this in the colder months as a real comfort meal and winter warmer with great earthy flavours. I am using the Ugo Thrive chickpea pasta for this but feel free to use your favourite pasta. There is option to make this dairy free and vegan should you wish too. See the below recipe.
UGO THRIVE CHICKPEA FUSILLI PASTA WITH SAVOY CABBAGE AND PESTO AND WHITE BEAN
- 1 Pack One pack of UGO Thrive Chickpea Fusilli Pasta Could use Gluten Free Pasta or Brown Rice Pasta is lovely here too
- 3 Tbtsp or to taste Pesto or Gluten Free/Dairy Free Pesto or My recipe for Vegan Pesto http://claireskitchentwyford.com/2019/01/06/gluten-free-dairy-free-vegan-pesto/
- 1 Leek chopped into small chunks
- 1/2 small Savoy cabbage cut into fine shreds
- 1 large white onion cut into small chunks
- 1 courgette cut into small chunks
- 1 can White beans such as canellini beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil or rapeseed oil
- Put a large pan of salted water on the hob to boil for the pasta, when its boiling add the pasta and cook as per the instructions.
- chop the onion and place this in a large non stick pan with a glug of sunflower oil to saute, we dont really want colour here, we just want to soften here and cook through, then add the chopped leeks and chopped courgettes and then shredded cabbage.
- Let these cook down and you can add a bit of colour to add some flavour but you dont want a burnt taste to them. Add some salt and pepper and season well. Add the beans (as much as you like 1/2 to a whole can) and then your pesto to taste. I quite like alot and i find the pasta soaks it up, i choose to add some water too to let down the sauce as the pasta really wants to soak it up.
- Check the seasoning again and its ready to serve.