Fruit smoothies are so flexible and versatile and a great way to get you fruit and veggie count up in a very easy way. Healthy smoothies can be made with different coloured fruit and or veg and therefore packed with great nutrients, vitamins and minerals. You can then add different elements like protein, alternative milks, antioxidant ingredients, to tailor them or give them an extra boost.
- great as a breakfast or breakfast on the go
- a snack for the kids when the get in from school, or an icy cooler for those hot days
- freeze them into lollies
- you can add grains to make them more filling and substantial for a meal on go if you don’t have time for lunch or for before or after the gym or to slow the hit of sugar into our systems down too
- for weight loss
- for elimination diet and detox purposes
- to get your fruit and veggie count up
- so for whatever the reason, it has to be a good one right??
You can add green type veg and sweeten with apple, pineapple or cucumber. Green smoothies are also great for our bodies as they make our environment less acidic. I blitz mine in the ninja bullet.
Try adding things like nuts, seeds, flax, hemp as well as using gluten free oat milk and rooibos tea cold to enrich your smoothies. Frozen bags of fruit and veg are great when you want quickness or you have run out of fresh! And it’s all cut up and peeled too!
So here are some of my smoothies for you to try.
Above is….Mango, 🍌banana, flaxseed, 🍍pineapple, 🥝kiwi and 🥛gf oat milk with a splash of water. Then there is blueberries, flaxseed, 🥛gluten free oat milk, banana 🍌And then a super boasted green smoothie!