This is a great quick dish and i love to cook the quinoa in the oven, along with the roasted vegetables. Great hot or cold.
Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables
This is delicious as a dish in its own right or as a side dish served along side meat, fish or vegetarian dishes. This can be served as it is or you can pimp it up by adding things like parmasean cheese, feta cheese, chilli, spices, pomegranete seeds or other items, be creative!! I like making a little more and having it cold the next day or lunch or in lunch boxes too.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 oil, olive oil or rapeseed oil or your chosen oil
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped or crushed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 peppers chopped into small chunks
- 2 courgettes chopped into small chunks
- 1 aubergine chopped into small chunks
- 1 leek chopped into larger chunks
- 1 sweetpotatos peeled and chopped into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180’c fan assisted oven or 200′ non fan.
- Take the vegetables and prepare them and chop them into small chunks and place them on a pyrex baking tray or similar and sprinkle the garlic and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the oil and rub the oil over the vegetables. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Pace one cup of quinoa into a oven proof dish and add 2 cups of vegetable stock. (Ensure this stock is gluten free if making for gluten free) You could if you wish to add other flavours like chilli, lemon or pesto (ensure this vegan if making dairy free or vegan) or other vegetables if you would like too such as frozen peas, broccoli etc. Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the quiona and this should be cooked, fluff with a fork. Remove the vegetables, Place the quinoa into a large bowl or serving platter and add your vegetables and mix together or place on top and you are ready to serve. If you would like to add other flavours feel free to experiment.Enjoy.