Chorizo, Chickpea and Rocket Salad. This is a cracking lunch that is bursting with flavour and has a little but if kick to it and obviously can adjust to taste depending on how spicy you like it 🌶 This recipe is naturally gluten and dairy free too.
Chorizo, Chickpea and Rocket Salad
Chorizo, Chickpea and Rocket Salad. This is a cracking lunch or light dinner that is bursting with flavour and has a little but if kick to it and obviously can adjust to taste depending on how spicy you like it. Great for pack lunches too. This recipe is naturally gluten and dairy free too.
- saute pan
- Chopping Board
- 1/2 Red onion or shallots, chopped
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Harrisa paste
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 3 good handfuls of rocket
- Sauté some chopped red onion or shallots in a pan with some oil,
- cut the chorizo cut into chunks and add to the pan with garlic, chopped celery.
- Add 1 tsp of paprika and 2 tsps of Harrisa paste and 1 can of drained chickpeas and stir through. Once heated add 1 tbsp of tahini paste and the juice of 1/2 a lemon and salt and pepper to taste. You can adjust the spiciness should you wish. Stir through and remove from the heat.
- Toss through rocket leaves and serve. If you like more kick some chopped red chilli is lovely!
- This is lovely served warm or packed up cold in a lunchbox. If serving cold allow the mixture to cool before adding the rocket.
If you have enjoyed this recipe or tried it out would love to know you’re feedback – please rate this recipe or send me a comment – thank you