Spanish Rice is one of my favourite recipes to make in a hurry and a great comfort food as well as a midweek meal and great for feeding a crowd. This is a great adaptable recipe too if you want to add slightly different vegetables.
EASY SPANISH RICE
Spanish Rice is one of my favourite recipes to make in a hurry and a great comfort food as well as a midweek meal and great for feeding a crowd. This is a great adaptable recipe too if you want to add slightly different vegetables. This recipe is gluten free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red pepper chopped into bite size chunks
- 5 large tomatoes or a can of tomatoes chopped into large chunks
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 teasppons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- handful of chopped parsley
- 1 mug of frozen peas
- 2 mugs of Rice
- 4 mugs of boiling water or about 1 litre
- 1 vegetable stock if you are making this gluten free ensure the stock cube is gluten free
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- salt and pepper
- sunflower oil for frying
- Half a lemon
- large paella pan or large pan for cooking
- chop the onion and saute in a pan with some oil until softened.
- Add the chopped garlic and tomatoes and peppers for one minute and then add the rice and stir round for one minute to allow the rice to take on the flavors.
- Add the stock cube with the boiling water and add to the pan. Add the spices and dried herbs salt and pepper to the pan and also the can of cannellini beans and allow to simmer.
- After about 10-15 minutes the rice should start to be cooked, do check that the rice does not start to dry out and if needed add some more water if needed if the rice is not cooked through and check for seasoning and add if required. 5 minutes before the end of cooking add 1 mug of frozen peas and these will cook though.
- Once the rice is cooked and you want a little moister left in the pan add your chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon. Check for seasoning and you are ready to serve.