These flat breads are so easy to make and really do not need to much attention.
They are suitable for vegan, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, soy free (obviously depending what you put on top). I love topping these with all sorts of different flavours – but mostly sun dried tomatoes, olives, rosemary, chilli, and sea salt.
Great for lunches, side dishes, snacks, or an appetiser with drinks. You could also treat them like a pizza base for an alternative base.
These would also go very well with my hummus recipe Home Made Humous Recipe
Gluten Free Flat Breads (Vegan, Gluten, dairy, egg and soya free)
- 100 g chickpea flour or gram flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 ml water
- Sea salt flakes
- Optional rosemary, olives, sun dried tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7, 200’c fan, 220’c non fan.
- Place some baking parchment on a baking sheet
- Place the gram flour or chickpea flour in a bowl and add in the salt, olive oil and water and make a paste. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Tip the paste into the middle of the baking parchment of the baking tray and spread into an even depth approximate 9″ circle.
- Sprinkle with some sea salt and if you choose some other toppings feel free.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes and then slice into triangles and serve.