I love noddle dishes so this is a quick go to dish when i want something filling, tasty and healthy in a hurry. I love using buckwheat noodles not only are they delicious, they have a unique nutty flavour and quite a robust noodle. This dish is naturally gluten and dairy free and suitable for Vegans as well as soy free, egg free too. Do check your buckwheat noodles are gluten free as not all brands are. I have used Amio Coconut Soy Sauce here as this is gluten free and no MSG’s which i cannot do either of these ingredients so a great substitute.
Gluten Free Sesame Buckwheat Noodles
I love noddle dishes so this is a quick go to dish when i want something filling and tasty in a hurry. This is naturally gluten free and dairy free and suitable for Vegans. I have used Amio Coconut Soya Sauce here as this is gluten free and no MSG's which i cannot do either of these ingredients so a great substitute.
- saute pan
- Chopping Board
- 1 handful of buckwheat noodles i love clear spring buckwheat noodles (do check your chosen noodles are gluten free if needed)
- 1 brown onion cut into moon slices
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce if you are gluten free ensure its gluten free and if you cannot tolerate msg or soy sauce try the amio coconut soy sauce.
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 chilli chopped or to taste
- 1/4 chinese leaf chopped into think slices
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- chopped corriander to finish
- Pop your saucepan on the heat with plenty of water – the noodles cook best in LOTS of water!
- once the water is boiling place the noodles in boiling water and stir to separate.
- Add a little of your chosen oil and saute the onion slices, garlic, ginger and chilli and after a minute or two and they are cooked through add the fine slices of Chinese leaf. Cook down until its wilted.
- add the coconut soy sauce or soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil
- in a separate pan heat the sesame seeds in a dry pan until they have toasted and remove from the heat and pour over the onion mixture.
- once the buckwheat noodles have cooked drain and place in cold water to rinse.
- add to the cooked mixture and stir and if you wish add some chopped coriander