Crackers are a big staple in my diet and these are a big favourite with me and also my family. These are great to eat on their own or paired with dips like hummus and guacamole or why not top them with your favourite toppings or dip them in some soup. I like to keep a stash of these in an airtight container or pack them in lunches or even serve them with drinks and nibbles or on platters. These are suitable for gluten free, dairy free and vegan diets and a great addition for plant based diets, for gut health and elimination diets. Seeds are plant-based sources of essential amino acids and minerals, including calcium, zinc, copper and magnesium — especially important in vegetarian and vegan diets. Other benefits include dietary fibre, vitamins and phytochemicals.
- baking sheet
- rolling pin
- parchment paper
- 50 g Gram Flour or Chickpea Flour
- 150 g mixed seeds i love flaxseed, sunflower, pumpkin, poppy seed, sesame
- 35 g sesame seeds use white or black or a mixture
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes – optional
- sea salt flakes
- preheat the oven to 160'c
- in a large bowl, place the gram flour, mixed seeds, sesame seeds, and spices (excluding the sea salt) and mix round.
- add the olive oil and 75ml of warm water and mix with your hands to form a dough and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- take a baking sheet and line with baking parchment and place your dough ball in the centre. Place another piece of baking parchment over the top and then roll the dough out as thin as you can with the rolling pin. Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and sprinkle with the sea salt and place in the middle shelf of the oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove and then cool and break into pieces.