These biscuits or cookies can be whatever you want them to be and very flexible to adapt. These are super easy to make and promise you that it will be one you will be coming back to time and again. Can be gluten free, dairy free or vegan or all 3.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan Cookies
- 90 g gluten free self raising flour I like doves farm but have used others
- 40 g soft brown sugar
- 50 g softened butter or dairy free alternative lie, trex, stork baking, vegan butter if making vegan or dairy free
- 1 tbsp milk or dairy free alternative if making dairy free
- 1/2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50 g of your chosen filling ie chocolate chips vegan if using if making dairy free or vegan, raisins, nuts etc
- Preheat your oven to 170 degree conventional oven, 160 fan. Put all the ingredients in a bowl apart from your filling and mix together to form a nice golden creamy mixture. You don’t need to over work it. Then mix in your 50g of filing whatever you want. Your mixture should be cool to touch if it’s not put it in the fridge for 5 minutes as that’s the secret to making good biscuits!!
- If you have a cookie scoop spoon them out onto a tray and leave some room to grow. Or use a teaspoon to spoon them out. Then place in a hot oven towards the top for 10 minutes (keep an eye as they cook quick) take out when cooked and leave to sit for a few minutes before removing from the tray onto a cooling rack to crisp up.