Have you tried to make your own breakfast cereals. I love granola and a great start to the day and especially when you want something quick and easy. Great with coconut yogurt and fruit or plant based milk. You can make big batches of it too by multiply the quantities and keep it in a air tight container or just make slight alternations to the mixture by adding different nuts or fruit for or adding coconut or spices for a change so so you don’t get bored. Have fun and see what you like.
Gluten Free Vegan Fruit and Nut Granola
- 4 oz coconut oil – melted
- 4 oz coconut sugar
- 4 oz gluten free rolled oats
- 2 oz whole pecan nuts
- 2 oz almonds
- 2 oz flax seeds
- 1 oz pumpkin seeds
- 1 oz dried blueberries
- 1 oz cranberries
- 1 oz gf self raising flour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 160'c fan assisted oven or 170'c non fan.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir around until they are all incorporated well.
- Place on a baking tray on top of parchment paper and place in the oven 160' fan assisted oven and 170' non fan for 25 minutes until golden brown. You may want to give this a stir round to make sure this is evenly baked half way through. Once this is cooled place in an airtight container and store for two weeks.
- This is lovely served with milk, yogurt, dairy free yogurt, ice cream, fruit, honey, fruit etc or just on its own as a snack.