These strawberry oaty bars are so delicious and are gluten free as well as dairy free and suitable for vegans. These are perfect for breakfast, snacks and puddings. I love that the sweetness comes mainly from the strawberries so its for a nice natural sweetness to them.
I would recommend keeping them in the fridge though, as because of the coconut oil they can get a bit gooey and are much nicer when they are firmer.
Gluten Free and Vegan Strawberry Oaty Bars
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten free oats
- 3/4 cups of plain gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp tsp salt
- 170 g coconut oil – softened
- 1 1/2 cups of strawberries – chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170′ (fan assisted) 190′ (non fan)
- Line a 8″ x 8″ tin with parchment paper
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder and salt
- Mix in the coconut oil until it comes together but it should be crumbly
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the base of the lined tin
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-13 minutes or until the edges start to go brown.
- Meanwhile take the chopped strawberries and mix some vanilla through them and and spread them over the crumbed mixture when they come out of the oven.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top of the strawberries
- Bake for a further 25-30 minutes and then remove from the oven and let cool completely and then place in the fridge to set and then cut into squares and remove from tray. This can be kept in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- This can also be frozen.