This is a fabulous side dish that’s bursting with flavour and goodness. Spring greens are a fabulous and they are in abundance in veggie boxes and markets. Greens are part of the brassica family, which their health benefits are well documented. They have an abundance of vitamin c and k, which is essential for your immune system and bone health.
SPRING GREENS WITH GARLIC AND WHITE BEANS
- chopping board and knife
- saute or frying pan
- 3 bunches spring greens washed and roughly chipped about 1-2 inch lengths.
- 10 shallots peeled and chopped into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic or 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1/2 can cannelloni beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- In a non stick saute pan add the sunflower oil or your chosen oil. add the shallots and saute on a lowish heat to soften.
- When soft, add the garlic or garlic powder and add the beans and stir through followed by the chopped greens. Stir though until wilted, add salt and pepper to taste and then turn off and serve.