We make these pancakes all the time, they are very easy, quick and soooo good!!! You may need to double or triple the mixture as necessary. If I’m cooking for my lot of 6 we double it. Or if the children have friends round for a sleepover, the pancakes seem to be a must, so I triple the mixture.
GLUTEN FREE & DAIRY FREE PANCAKES
- 125 g gluten free flour I tend to use self raising, but if you only have plain just add some baking powder to it.
- 1 egg
- 250 ml milk I tend to use oat milk here (you can get gluten free oat milk or use nut milk) but try your own substitute, or if not dairy free use normal) I find rice milk a little thin.
- coconut oil or oil for frying, or if not dairy free use butter as it does taste good.
- so mix together your mixture until smooth with no lumps, you can even do this the night before and leave it in the fridge, as I always think it’s best if left to sit for a while. Dont worry if you dont manager this as i often dont and mix it up and use it straight away and its fine. Then take a appropriate size pan with shallow sides and heat until hot and put in your oil, pour in some batter and roll round the batter to give an even thin coating. Once bubbles have formed and after a minute or so flip it over, sorry I always use a spatula, you can decide! And cook on the other side and repeat!
- Serve with your choice of fillings, the list is endless but mine favourite is either fruit or lemon or sugar!
- Yum, enjoy
Here is a few suggestions you might find helpful, A glass measuring jug is just essential. You can measure in it, weigh in it, heat things in the microwave it, even cook in it if you need to in the microwave, its dishwasher safe and the measurements on the side are hard wearing. Its a staple and will last you for years. i bake, cook and use it for all sorts.
I also have Anolon pans and i can really rate these! I have had some of my pans for over 20 years and considering i use then a lot!! (like every day, this is hard core use!) They are great at keeping things warm at the table too, as well as looking stylish) The metal handles on the frying pans means they can go in the oven which is great for steaks meat dishes, fish, grilling, as well as omelettes etc.
I recently bought a saute pan from Eaziglide, i was recommend this whilst i was on a shopping trip, i was looking at Le Creuset and this was a comparison but cheaper. I am so impressed with this pan, i had to give it a shout out!! Amazing non stick, you can use metal implements with this and can go in the oven and put this in the dishwasher too. I will be buying more, these pans are incredible!!